LOFT AGM report 2014/15
Orient manager Mauro Milanese and CEO Alessandro Angelieri were the guests at LOFT's Annual General Meeting yesterday evening (Monday 24 November).
Around 60 LOFT members (a number of whom joined or rejoined on the night) were present in the Supporters Club for the duo's first open forum with supporters since the club's change of ownership.
Once the formal AGM business was concluded (see below), the floor was opened to our guests to answer any questions. This year, we agreed that the Supporters Club could invite some of its members to the Q&A session, so there was no shortage of questions from a busy room (and additionally this year, via our Twitter account).
Among the highlights:
- Mauro paid credit to the support he's had from the entire backroom team since becoming manager, and didn't want to change any of them when Francesco Becchetti asked him to take over
- He would like to reduce the average age of the squad to around 25/26 if he can in the January transfer window, and wants to add some more pace to the team ("we need another Moses") - but anyone who comes in has to increase the strength of the first XI, not the squad
- Whether or not Mauro returns to the role of sporting director at some point is up to the mandate from Mr Becchetti; for now he is happy to be manager and will always give 100%
- When asked for the definitive version of Russell Slade's departure as manager, Alessandro replied: "there is only one truth - if Chelsea approaches me tomorrow and offers me 5 times my salary, what do I answer? The truth is it was a great opportunity for Russell", with Mauro noting "Russell deserved his chance for what he did last season"
- Alessandro would be happy to speak to shareholders once his English improves
- Mauro believes Legzdins' and Vincelot's beards are a league above the others at the club, but when asked if he would shave his hair off as we're used to bald managers: "Maybe if we win the League!"
We would like to thank both Mauro and Alessandro (and Christina for helping Alessandro with translation when needed) for giving up their evening to be our guests, and for their openness when answering questions. Our thanks also to Jonny Davies in helping publicise the event and to the Supporters Club for hosting.
The AGM received the Chair's Report from Doug Harper and the Treasurer's Report on the 2013/14 accounts from secretary Jonathan Kaye (in the Treasurer's absence).
Three committee members stood down at the end of their 3-year terms; Doug Harper, Peter Osborne and Adam Michaelson. All stood for re-election and were elected by the meeting.